Toolroom Machinist 3rd Shift
Sorry, this job has expired.
High Ridge, MO
The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer of electrical connectors for power distribution. H-J has built our company on the quality of our products and service. We are looking for a great candidate to join our team as a 3rd shift Toolroom Machinist.
This position will operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts, load parts in machine, cycle machine, and detect malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. It will also run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Program and set up CNC machining centers and support equipment as required for mold and part manufacturing.
• Perform typical manual machine functions, milling, turning, grinding, etc.
• Work from detailed design drawings, engineering drawings, sketches and verbal instructions
• Perform inspection of completed machined products
• Observe and comply with all Company safety rules and regulations, and report incidents to supervisor and/or manager.
• Must maintain a satisfactory level of efficiency and quality in work produced.
• Perform all other duties, as assigned.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
• Must understand G code
• Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 50 pounds or heavier.
• 5+ years’ experience required
• Must have working command of the English language, and can communicate orally and in writing
• Must be familiar with the mechanical function of CNC machines and equipment
• Required to provide necessary tools to perform job, - i.e. micrometers, calipers and wrenches.