Sorry, this job has expired.
High Ridge, MO
The H-J Family of Companies is a growing and innovative manufacturer and distributor of electrical components for power distribution. We have CNC Setup positions available for the 2nd & 3rd shift.
This individual will work from drawings to produce parts from bar stock and castings at a CNC vertical milling machine, or lathe, with little supervision.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Profit Sharing
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company Provided Life Insurance
Employees are benefits eligible the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Evaluate overall process for efficiency and make recommendation for improvement opportunities while maintaining minimal machine downtime.
• Edit programs and set up CNC lathes and machining centers as well as support equipment, as needed in a production environment.
• Troubleshoot and correct machining problems. Replace assigned tooling as needed (i.e., drills, boring bars, milling tools, etc.).
• Shall observe and comply with all Company safety rules and regulations, and report incidents to supervisor and/or manager.
• Perform regular training to machine operators.
• Monitors product quality through regular inspection intervals.
• Must be able to interpret technical drawings and effectively troubleshoot machining issues.
• Must maintain a satisfactory level of efficiency and quality in work produced.
• Must demonstrate safety awareness, good workmanship practices, and continuous improvement.
• Participate in simple machine maintenance as required.
• Experience with G code programming and ability to optimize existing programs
• Experience in setting up 3- axis CNC mills and lathes in a production environment required
• Experience with Mazatrol programming is a plus.
• Experience with setup and machining of castings is a plus.
• Must be familiar with the mechanical function of CNC machines and equipment, to ensure all safety items are in place before operation is started.
• Required to provide necessary tools to perform job, - i.e. micrometers, calipers, and wrenches.
• Must maintain a positive, productive relationship with other workers in the department, supervisor, quality inspectors and shipping.
• The ability to maximize the efficiency of programs to provide greater machine utilization.
H-J is a family owned business with family values, looking for great people to join our team and grow in a fulfilling career.